We have released the official version of 0.93. We have fixed a lot of bugs based on the feedback of the test version, such as the extra large enemy's visual range, one bullet insta kill and so on. we also optimized the behavior of AI soldiers, such as when the squad encounters hostiles, units in the rear will also actively move to the front and engage, or for example when the player gives the move order, the engaging team will try their best to move instead of always lying on the ground. The main updates are as follows.
1. Companion System
Companions like Anna can be hired from town pubs or captured in battles. We added personality dialogues to each of our companions. Through dialogue, you can get interesting information about their background stories, personalities, hobbies and so on. At the same time, players can improve their friendliness by chatting with them and giving them gifts. Enhanced friendliness can unlock more conversations and interactions - such as love. We added the gift shop, and players need to discover each companion's preferences through dialogue in order to buy the right gifts. Except for these entertaining interactions, companions are also of great significance to the game-play itself. You can organize them into your own team like soldiers, or you can make them independent from you and let them lead their own army, helping you to attack and defend cities. Each companion has different skills. Some are suitable for combat, some are suitable for leading, and some are suitable for managing towns. These skills include leadership, tactics, financial skills, town management and so on. Different companions have different requirements for joining, some need a large commission, some requires high reputation. After the campaign is complete, each companion will also have a corresponding ending. The stories are only 20% done, and we will keep working on it.
2. Enhanced world map faction AI
The AI faction forces will do more complex things. For example, to gather troops to attack a city in group, to reconnoiter the enemy city, to revenge when their cities are taken, and so on.
3. Improved Soldier Customization System
More proficiency attributes have been added, such as grenade launcher, throwing and armor proficiency. At the same time, the accessory slots are added, which can be used to equip grenade launchers, first-aid kits, night vision goggles and grenades to soldiers.
4. Added a number of bandit factions
- Desert Bandits: Appear In the desert zone of Cherniv.
- Mountain Bandits: They appear in the southern mountains.
- Pirates: Appear near the coast.
- Cossack Rebels: On the territories of the Free Cossack Army.
- Snow Wolves: Appear in the northern snowland.
5. Added the beginning background selection
Players need to determine their initial attributes, equipment and troops in the form of questionnaires when starting a new campaign.
6. Improved World Map
We expanded the world map and made clear geographical distinctions. The southern part of Cherniv Island consists of plains, peninsulas and mountains. The central part is desertification zone. The northwest part is snowland. And the northeast part is forest and swamp.
7. The game's lore.
Based on the current lore, we have written Cherniv's history, the background stories of various factions and the corresponding stories of each companion.
8. Optimize the combat frame-rate In previous versions, players reported significant frame drops during combat. We have a series of optimization for this problem. The frame rate in combat is greatly increased. At the same time, we also added the V-sync option, which can turn on and off in the settings panel.
Other important modifications.
- Pressing the Y key can speed up the time on the world map.
- Added desert, snow and mountain maps.
- Many hairstyles, face shapes and facial textures have been added.
- Optimize the lighting effects.
- Modified some awkward UI operations.
-3D combat strategy map.